– Some had great love for God and quickly ascended the heights, as it was with the martyrs. Others climb more slowly in zigzag, having a weak will. Some others are even weaker, but have hope. Those who obey, the (physically) ill… will receive the same crown.
– The goal is the same for all: the ecstasy of divine love; but some climb faster, others more slowly.
– Sometimes man can do everything easy, other times he is bored, lazy, weaken, sad, or cold at heart. But do not get discouraged for there are many twists and zigzags.
– Strive to return to prayer, for only though prayer we are led towards the right path.
– Prayer brings to the soul the True Love. Prayer is the mother of all virtues. Through prayer, our cross seems easy to bear.
– Only through prayer, man can win the divine love and the love of his neighbor; and through love our path is light.
– Only through holy prayer, one can claim the (spiritual) heights. By prayer we come to the love the Apostle Paul spoke of: “Who shall separate us from the love of Christ?” or “I no longer live, but Christ lives in me”.
– Tribulations work out patience.
– The work of the mind and pure prayer require patience for they are not easy to achieve. So do not get discouraged when you pray, but strive as the Canaanite woman who asked until she received (“O woman, great is your faith”). Let us also follow the example of the widow that insisted much before the unjust judge and because of this, he granted her request. How much more our Lord will hear His righteous who day and night cry out to Him in prayer?
– In any stage you may be do not get discouraged, pray even if you feel compulsion and the Lord will visit you with His mercy: “Let it be to you according to your faith”.
– God is calling us to be steadfast in prayer.
– The enemy will run like a wild ass from the man who has tasted the sweetness of prayer.
(Elder Cleopas of Romania).